- Meat, sadly, is a universal ‘food’, though the particular animals eaten vary from country to country. I purpose that, to support the eating of any animal is to globally support the eating of every animal. Americans eat cows, Koreans eat dogs and the Japanese eat whales and none of it is necessary, healthy or humane. Because the truth is that all of these animals suffer, physically & psychologically, to end up on your plate. As Jeremy Bentham wrote in 1789, arguing for moral & legislative rights for animals-“The question isn’t- Can they talk? Nor- Can they reason? But- Can they suffer?” So I ask that, if you are repulsed by the eating of certain animals as you eat others, you acknowledge your complicity and reconsider your food choices.
- Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others
- On Mother’s Day- A Very Proud Mother
- Peace on Earth- by C. David Coates’ Old McDonald’s Factory Farm
- Stop Telling Me What To Eat!
- Celebrating 40 Years as a Vegetarian!